Tomorrow will be better - I have been telling myself this all week.
* Went to bed feeling super motivated
* Rested and relaxed from an enjoyable weekend
* Woke up at 3 am, dreaded being up for my 8:30 am personal training session
* Went back & forth if I should go ahead with my work out or if I continue to show up for myself & lead the week on a healthy high
* Continued to feel anxious & stressed, brought on a migraine and decided to cancel my PT session
* Cancelled all meetings with my team and decided to take a personal day to focus on myself & my self care. Tuesday would be my day to be productive
* Realized I keep adding more tasks, projects & ideas to my work load as opposed to following through & completing past ideas & projects
* Had a wonderful meeting with a client who makes me continue to love what I do
* Had a great date with a friend/client who made me realize how hypocritical I am about taking my own advice that I give to my clients but don’t take or do for myself
* Got devastating news from close friends
* Literally could not get out of bed
* Read/scrolled social media
* Muted/deleted/removed/unfollowed accounts/triggers/groups/personalities that distract me from my goals/make me feel bad/comparison/unhealthy
* Ate shitty food
* Took all energy to reply to friends, respond to emails and complete simple tasks
* Could not sleep until 4 am
* Decided I need to put work blinders on and focus on one goal/task/project at a time
* Wishing the week would end, but being more forgiving & compassionate to myself
What started out as a week where I gave myself full permission (no guilt attached) to have ONE day to take care of myself & my mental health, turned into a full week of not having enough energy, motivation & drive to do the bare minimum each day.
I wanted to share my week to let anyone else know who feels shame, discomfort or embarrassment that I too had a hard week, and you are not alone. All weeks don’t have to be perfect. If you need more than one day, one week, hell one year...it is OKAY!